firstname.lastname@example.org - 415 385 4865
Links to Other Pages
Click here for my skills matrix
Updated Resume download in Word (docx) format: Resume <---- updated 10/17/2017
A good read for potential employers: workplace culture
My LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrishull/
My GitHub public repositories and projects: https://github.com/chrishull/
My career page: http://chrishull.com/career/
The Eclipse Editor Sessions Plugin project: http://chrishull.com/projects/eclipse/
I am an occasional contributor to Stack Overflow
Skype Id is: live:d650ce4bd893e57a or: 415 385 4865
Frequently Asked Questions
I want to thank you very much for taking the time to look at this FAQ.
Quite understandably, all recruiters need to know this information. I wrote this in an effort to save time for all of us.
If there is anything else you need to know that is not covered here, please don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you again for reading! :-) Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
The most frequently asked questions are in bold underline.
Resume Download Links are included here. Scroll down a bit.
Back to the Career Page
1. Name. Christopher T. Hull 2. Is this your legal name? Yes. 2.1 UPDATED RESUME is HERE --->
Just in case you missed it at the top.
You can download my updated resume from here.
Click to download my latest resume in Word format:
Click to view my latest resume in PDF format:
2.2 Where can I find more detailed information about your career, interests and hobbies. I have been maintaining a personal website since 1998.
More recently, I have added a Career Page to it.
To learn more about me, see http://chrishull.com/career or http://chrishull.com .
You are currently viewing http://faq.chrishull.com
3. What positions are you seeking? Software research and development. Areas of interest, cloud virtualization with Openstack / VMware. Also like embedded systems. Like developing full stack code, mostly server side, REST Java Python Hibernate SQL JDBC. 3.1. Where do you live? Sunnyvale California
Sunnyvale is near San Jose, in the heart of Silicon Valley.
4. How soon can you start? Two weeks after an offer is accepted. 5. What is your availability for phone screens and interviews? 48 hour notice for phone screens.
1 week notice for interviews.
6. Are you willing to relocate? No.
I am married, own a home here, and Silicon Valley is the center of the technological universe.
7. How far are you willing to commute? I live near San Jose.
I am willing to commute as far as San Francisco, which is a one hour drive, but would prefer the South Bay, Silicon Valley area.
8. What are your ideal roles? Backend Java or Embedded Java on Linux. C/C++ is fine. I also love Python. I love devices and code for them in my spare time. Would love to learn iOS / Android and am working on an app. Also love the cloud and maintain a virtual server farm based on Openstack.
On the other side of the spectrum I have done my most recent work with OpenStack / VMWare on a highly scaleable platform at Cisco. This involved Python, Java and Node.js. I recently built a great Hypervisor (i7quadCore 4ghz 32gb rackmount) for myself that runs OpenStack.
9. What types of companies do you like, small?... large? I'll work anywhere if the project and people are interesting. But I tend to like startups. Work/life balance is also important. I will take my work home with me, but I won't kill myself over a job. 10. Contact e mail email@example.com 11. Contact phone number 415 385 4865 cell (preferred) 408 735 0164 home 12. Work Authorization
What is your VISA status? Can you work legally in United States?
Do you require H1-B sponsorship?
Yes, I am a US citizen.
No H1-B sponsorship is necessary.
My father's side of the family has been here since before the revolution. My Great Great Grandfather Isaac Hull served as Captain of the USS Constitution during the War of 1812.
13. Hourly rate 85+ per hour on w2.
Full time perminant or contract to hire preferred.
Equity can also be a part of my compensation. I am more motivated by interesting projects than money.
I made 68 at my last position at Cisco, but the market has greatly improved since then.
I have seen offers as hight as 118/hr.
14. Annual Salary 155 + per year.
I can be flexible. My preference is for full time work. This is what I usually do. In startup situations, equity can also be a part of my compensation. I am more motivated by interesting projects than money. My NASA pay is 140k, and NASA pay is low compared to the rest of the valley.
15. Will you be taking any vacation soon? No plans for vacation anytime soon. 16. May we do a background check? Yes. I have no criminal record. 16.2. May we do a financial background check? (this position involves writing code to handle money, eBay / PayPal for instance.) Yes. BTW, my credit score is 750 when last checked two years ago. No bankruptcies, divorces or dependents. 16.3. Do you have a security clearance (government position)? Yes. I have a security clearance thru NASA Ames Research. 17. Month and Day of your birthday July 20 42. What is your shoe size and type? 9 1/2 E / cowboy boots. 42.1 Do you own your own space suit?
(Position requires coding in a vacuum.)
19. Are you currently working? Yes. I currently work for NASA Ames Research.
20. Do you have a website? http://chrishull.com/career (you're looking at it now!!)
See LinkedIn, projects and code samples pages too.
21. Do you have a LinkedIn Profile? http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrishull 22. Can you provide references from both managers and coworkers? Yes, see LinkedIn. I have many written recommendations from coworkers and managers alike, including my most recent work at Cisco. You may contact them either via LinkedIn, or I can provide e mail addresses. 23. Do you have any certificates or citations
I've been writing code as long as the desktop computer has existed. I have worked on high profile projects such as the Macintosh Operating System and the Kindle. My extensive engineering experience should be more than sufficient.
23.1 Do you have a college degree? No, but I did attend Cal State University Northridge where I studied Computer Science.
I dropped out to go to work for Apple Computer. (also see item 23)
24. Do you hold any patents? Yes,
I am a Kindle patent holder and have other software patents as well.
See LinkedIn and my site.
FAQ updated Wednesday August 30 2017
Return to Career page